1) Lower your stress level. Stress is toxic to your body and creates hormones that actually age us as they destroy cells and create byproducts and free radicals. Stress can reverse any skin care treatment or program by itself so it is vitally important in skin care to eliminate or at least minimize stress. Studies have shown that prayer and meditation are very effective at reducing our current stress levels. Prayer and meditation have been proven to even alleviate some of the symptoms of cancer and other life threatening diseases in numerous medical studies. It has also been documented that people with lower levels of stress hormones have younger and more elastic skin they also have better overall health.
2) Drink plenty of water. Your skin is mostly made up of water (experts have been quoted as saying 60-90% of our skin is water). It is a fact that more than 90% of us do not drink enough water and many are actually slightly dehydrated. This can cause a marked decrease in skin elasticity and affect healing. For your skin cells to function properly and heal properly from cuts, etc... we need to drink 8-12 glasses of water every day. Our skin is one of our most important organs as it protects us from disease, cushions our falls, etc... So, for proper skin care we need to drink plenty of water.
3) Get proper sleep. Not getting enough sleep has been proven in studies to increase levels of stress hormones and lower our skins anti oxidant activities. This will age your skin. Not getting the proper 8-10 hours of sleep per day will first show in your skin with broken capillaries, puffiness, circles under the eyes. Proper sleep should be a vital component of any skin care regimen.
Have your skin look up to 10 years younger fast with a TCA peel!
4) Get proper nutrition. Many of us think we eat okay, or try to start the New Year with a better diet resolution only to fail after a few weeks. Americans eat too many junk foods and this can cause or worsen skin problems like pimples and acne. Acne is documented to be genetic related, but certain greasy foods and sugars can exacerbate the problem. A well balanced meal 3 times per day has been proven to help alleviate spikes in skin problems and help to average out the outbreaks in acne vulgaris and even rosacea. Proper nutrition is a core part of any proper skin care regimen or treatment.
5) Take a multi vitamin to supplement your skin and body. We can't always make sure we get 100% of each vitamin and mineral with the foods we eat, especially with the way many foods are processed and cooked. We can, however, take a multivitamin once a day. It has been proven from research powerhouses like
6) Stop using soap. Harsh cleaners in most soaps will actual dry out and further age your skin. Harsh soaps like Dial Soap can dry out your skin and even stimulate further sebum (oil) production which can worsen acne and other related skin care conditions. Use a mild cleanser like Cetaphil. This will properly clean your skin without overdrying it. Cetaphil and its generic equivalents have been proven very effective in ridding excess oils while maintaining proper hydration and pH. Mild cleansers are essential to proper skin care.
Best TCA peel references!
7) Don't smoke. Smoking puts years on you and will reverse any skin care regimen. Literally, smoking can and will add 10 or more years to your skin. Why would you want to do that to yourself? If you must have nicotine then get nicotine gum or the patch - they will cure your cravings and there is no evidence or statistics of anyone developing cancer, lung disease, etc... from the patch or gum (however, nicotine is still toxic and can cause long term heart problems so see your doctor about this). Smoking must be removed for any skin care program to be effective.
8) Wear an effective sunscreen with a high SPF (sun protection factor). Our skin does have keratonin to protect against the suns harmful rays, but it is no match for UV rays, etc... that we expose ourselves to every day. Skin cancer has several forms like Basal cell and melanoma and all can be deadly. If you don't think you will get skin cancer or think you are invulnerable, just go to your local dermatologist and ask to see pictures of clients with skin cancer, better yet go to the oncology center at your local hospital. You won't think that way ever again. Make sunscreen a part of your skin care regimen and a part of your daily life.
Amazing TCA peel testimonies for Bestskinpeel.com!
9) Treat yourself to a spa treatment at least once a year. Not only will it feel good, but many of these treatments will cleanse your body and rejuvenate your skin. Chemical skin peels, TCA peels, deep tissue massage, complete relaxation, aromatherapy, etc... will all energize and heal your skin. TCA peels have actually been proven effective at improving your skins ability to regenerate itself and improve collagen levels. They are currently used by thousands of plastic surgeons and dermatologists as a primary skin care treatment.
Remember to make these nine steps a part of your skin care regimen and start enjoying younger and healthier skin.
Great skin care tips! I love reading the various articles you have posted on your site! It's like I learn something new every day with Bestskinpeel.com! Thank you.
Danielle M. - Melbourne, Australia
I wholly agree with your take on smoking. Smoking literally kills you from the inside out. I heard somewhere that smokers have bad dandruff due to the dry skin of their scalp. This happens to both women and men. Smoking takes years off your life. Not only does it make your skin look older - it literally kills you and shortens your life. Don't smoke - ever!
Richard R. - Toronto, Canada
Great tips. I really like the part of making sure you are properly hydrated. I work in the skin care industry and you just wouldn't believe how many people don't regularly drink enough water. Why not? It's basically free unless of course you buy little bottles of bottled water like Dasani which is $1.00 for fancy labeled tap water. That is unbelievable that people will pay that much for tap water.
Any way, this is a great list that everyone should adopt. Great advice and skin care ideas!
Jennifer D. - Brooklyn, NY
Does the TCA peel really work that well? My dermatologist wants $250 for a Obagi pre treatment kit and then $600 for the actual peel and then another $150 or so for a following peel kit from Obagi. That's a lot of money. I will have to read up more about it here.
Bridgette W. - Las Vegas, NV
Want to leave a comment? Contact us and after a spam review we will post your comment. All comments are moderated.